Romanian Grace

The dragon sits by the side of the road, watching those who pass. Beware lest he devour you. We go to the Father of Souls, but it is necessary to pass by the dragon. -- St. Cyril of Jerusalem

21 July, 2007

Welcome to Romania...


...let me knock your head off. Yep. The battering swing's first casualty. Now, I don't like being wrong, and I sure do like being right, but I still wish my comments about the battering swing had not come true in quite the way they did. This boy had only been in the country for a couple of days when he perambulated in front of the swing while I was on it with his brother. He was surprisingly tough. In fact, he kept apologizing for walking in front of the swing (apparently he has the same complex that I do where he assumes that if something goes wrong it is his fault. Poor guy.) But he refused to be taken off the playground, at any rate. It has been amusing to watch the pump knot on his head change colors over the last week.

Much of my life recently has been spent in the delightful duty of being a sort of personal camp counselor for the Ebbers family, who have recently joined us here in Romania. As was my experience when I was an actual camp counselor in a former life, I am learning a lot from these 5 children. They're great.

1 Comments:

At 30/7/07 01:49, Blogger rwl1206 said...

That may be the funniest thing that I have read all summer long...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home