Romanian Grace

The dragon sits by the side of the road, watching those who pass. Beware lest he devour you. We go to the Father of Souls, but it is necessary to pass by the dragon. -- St. Cyril of Jerusalem

29 May, 2007

1:09

For those of you following. I have all but canned my attempt at a newsletter tonight. Maybe I will go home and pack some and do the thing tomorrow. I actually like writing them. I think everyone should have to do it. But now seems not to be the time.

I should say that the time I have spent since school ended has been mostly out of doors. After the last exam, all of my students,

their parents,

Darin (here's another picture of him),

and I

headed out for a hike in the mountain range for which our school is named. It was a nice hike. Great weather. We stayed at a cabin that was built by ethnic Germans in the 1920s. My team leader (boss), was actually born in Romania to Saxon parents who left under communism after many hard years. There still are some Germans, but many of them left when they could.

But our time hiking was a good time to be in a beautiful setting, remarking almost by the minute on the glory and majesty of the Lord, then realizing that He had been equally glorious and majestic in His provision for us during this school year. He has created each of us, students, teachers, parents, administrators, in His image and called us to be a part of His work.

If we take seriously what Colossians says about Christ's being the image of the invisible God, and if we bear Christ in us as new creations, if we have taken on His nature, then we ourselves are far more glorious, and far more lasting that any of the creation we see when we look out of our windows here or even when we gaze out from 6,000 feet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home