Romanian Grace

The dragon sits by the side of the road, watching those who pass. Beware lest he devour you. We go to the Father of Souls, but it is necessary to pass by the dragon. -- St. Cyril of Jerusalem

16 May, 2008

Sorry



Well.  It is getting to be that time.  I am nigh on two weeks from leaving Romania, and I am starting to wrap things up, say my good-byes, do all the stuff I have been meaning to do for two years.  Here's one of 'em.

In olden times, when a writer came to the end of his life and looked back over all of his work, he often feared the consequences of what he had written.  I guess they had a better idead of the meaning and significance of words in general back then.  Anyway, they would often write some kind of retraction there at the end that went something like this: 

I have written a lot of stuff in my life.  Some of it has been popular, and some of it not; some has been good, and some of it bad.  If anything I wrote has edified others and exalted Christ, then that should not be attributed to me but to the grace of God working in me through his Holy Spirit.  If, on the other hand, anything I have written has torn down that which is good and has dishonored the name of the Lord, then that's all me, and I therefore beg you to forgive and overlook those things as foolish drivel from an idiotic mind and I earnestly look to the Lord to save me from such foolish sin.  

So.  I would like to use the summary above as my own retraction regarding this website.  Much of what I have written has been silly, meaningless, and foolish; some of it has been sinful and offensive; some of it, by God's grace, has actually been good, true, and beautiful.  For that I am thankful.  

For those of you worried, I do not feel that I am at the end of my life, just at the end of the life of this blog.

More stuff and pictures to come, so my retraction, I hope, will also work in a forward direction.

Love and happiness to all. 

3 Comments:

At 16/5/08 18:01, Blogger Abigail Hartman said...

what's the deal with the pictures?!? please don't stop blogging when you're in the states.

 
At 16/5/08 22:28, Blogger IrelandRomania said...

think about it. I will consider maintaining a blog in the states, but what could I call it?

 
At 21/5/08 04:50, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Irish Grace?
I Like Snickers and Grace?
Ex-Romanian Grace?
Gnome's House of Meats?
Thant's about all I got for now. What are you doing when you get back here?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home